BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Graphic Design
No reviews for this course yet,
to write one!
These courses seek to equip you with the essential techniques and skills required for a wide range of activities within the area of graphic communication. The course will encourage you to develop your own creative potential and help you to understand how your ideas can be effective in solving design problems. It offers an integrated balance of both theory and practice ensuring the qualification supports career opportunities. The graphic design course offers the best opportunity for employment to design students wishing to remain in the region. Successful students progress onto our Foundation Degree in Graphic Design. This will help develop skills at a higher-level ready for employment within the design and advertising industry. Our department has strong links with well-established design agencies in Newcastle with many of our graphic design students undertaking work placements with award winning companies.
New College Durham?
New College Durham is one of the leading colleges of further and higher education in the country, performance and success rates place the college among the top 10% of all colleges nationally.
- The college has recently been graded "outstanding" across all departments and areas of Povision by Ofsted.
- Staff have working experience in the area in which they teach and can ensure that the course you are studying prepares you directly for employment.
- The college has many years of experience welcoming international students and currently has approximately 200 international students from countires around the world.
- Students will be offered an extensive range of support making every effort to make them feel at home.
- Course delivery mode:
- Study Hours:
- Course Duration:
Up to one year
- Maximum Duration:
- Number of Exams:
Please contact the college directly, using the phone number or form on the right, to discuss prices.
- You will cover a range of projects which could include the design of posters, CD covers, book jackets, magazine layouts, packaging, graphic image making and illustration, logo design, exhibition graphics, advertising and computer graphics. You will also partake in live briefs by local and national organisations and visit a variety of art galleries.
- The courses are made up of a combination of specialist units enabling you to study particular areas in depth.
- Is classroom attendence required?
- Where is the course delivered?
- Is tutor support available?
- Details of tutor availability:
Students recieve one to one tutor support as well as group tutor workshops
- Is One-on-One support available?
Students meet with tutor once per week
- Is exam preparation support given?
- Is there a pass guarantee?
- What is the average pass rate for this course?
- Does the college have an online community?
- Total number of assignments to be completed:
- Total number of units/modules to be completed
- Total Study Hours:
A BTEC First Certificate or Diploma in a related subject to merit standard; A BTEC First Diploma in a related subject to overall merit standard; A at least four GCSEs at grades C or above A appropriate work experience.
Get all your questions answered
Call +44 (0)1913754151