HND Travel and Tourism
No reviews for this course yet,
to write one!
The Travel and Tourism industry is one of the largest industries in the world and in some cases is vital for many countries and small island nations. It brings in large amounts of income through employment in the service industries associated with tourism.
The BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) in Travel and Tourism is a specialist vocational programme lasting two years. It is an internationally recognised qualification, which provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in travel and tourism management. Students will gain an understanding of marketing, management and sustainable tourism, among other things. As a highly practical course, pupils will apply the theories taught to real-world examples.
The course is suitable for those working in the sector who wish to gain a formal level 5 qualification, in order to progress to a junior management role.
Barking & Dagenham College?
- Barking and Dagenham College courses are taught to an extremely high standard and provide good value-for-money when compared to other educational establishments. This is achieved without compromising quality, with teaching taking place in exceptional facilities. As far as possible, our timetables are designed to fit in with student lifestyles and other commitments.
- We are committed to providing a wide range of student services and support and advice on matters ranging from personal finance to exam concerns. Our academic advisors provide guidance to all our students, helping them prepare for their future lives and careers.
- Course delivery mode:
- Study Hours:
15 hours per week
- Course Duration:
- Maximum Duration:
- Number of Exams:
- College name:
Barking & Dagenham College
- How many students are there in each year group?
- Can you buy this course online?
- Are there multiple payments options available?
50% deposit, outstanding payment spread over course year
- Discounts and Offers:
- Is 'Refer a Friend' discount available?
- Are there any additional, promotional benefits to this course?
- What exemptions are available on completing this course?
- Are there any recommended follow-on courses?
- The travel and tourism sector
- Finance and funding in the travel and tourism sector
- The developing manager
- Research project
- Marketing in travel and tourism
- Contemporary issues in travel and tourism
- Sustainable tourism development
- Legalisation and ethics in the travel and tourism sector
- Tourist destinations
- Travel and tourism entrepeneurs
- Special interest tourism
- Resort management
- Human resource management for service industries
- Public relations and promotions in tourism management
- Personal and professional development
- Employability skills
- Is classroom attendence required?
- Where is the course delivered?
- Is tutor support available?
- Details of tutor availability:
- Is One-on-One support available?
- Is exam preparation support given?
- Is there a pass guarantee?
- What is the average pass rate for this course?
- Does the college have an online community?
- Total number of assignments to be completed:
- Total number of units/modules to be completed
- Total Study Hours:
15 hours per week
BTEC National Diploma in Travel and Tourism. At least one "A" level. Applicants should also have have GCSE English and Maths at grades A, B, or C. Mature students with experience will also be considered.
The course is suitable for those working in the sectors who wish to gain a formal level 5 qualification in order to progress to supervisor or junior management level roles.
Get all your questions answered
Call +44 (0)20 8090 3020